CALL TO ACTION: Resistance Against Constitution Pipeline Ongoing; Two Days Left to Intervene!
In the first concrete sign that potential legal action hovers over the proposed Constitution Pipeline project, the Delaware-Otsego Audubon Society says it has retained the public interest law firm Earthjustice to represent it in fighting the natural gas transmission system.The local chapter of the National Audubon Society said it will intervene in the review being conducted by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission that will determine if the construction of the 122-mile pipeline is in the public interest…
The Audobon group’s request for intervenor status comes amid a flurry of activity by environmental activists to convince landowners and others residing in the region to submit similar requests to FERC no later than the July 17 cutoff for such applications. Over the past two weeks, dozens of individuals have requested intervenor status, and more are expected to follow suit this week, said Anne Marie Garti of East Meredith, an organizer for the grassroots group Stop the Pipeline. – The Daily Star
Bill Huston of Shaleshock Media has created a bank of videos providing information about the Constitution Pipeline to encourage the public to intervene. The playlist includes a video with detailed instructions on the intervention process (#11 below). Short on time? Watch videos #4 and #11.
- 01 Intro + Map of Route, Affected towns
- 02 Green Completion means Pipeline Enables Fracking
- 03 Will this gas be exported?
- 04 The Pitch: Act now! Before July 17
- 05 Local Jobs?
- 06 How many trees destroyed?
- 07 A network of pipelines to enable fracking
- 08 Williams Safety Record
- 09 Cabot Oil+Gas Safety Record
- 10 Are pipelines safe?
- 11 How to Intervene: Step by Step instructions
SOCIAL MEDIA: On Facebook, be sure to like these pages to get updates:
2. StopThePipeline’s unofficial page, including discussion and announcements: