SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2013
- Believe that data, science, and public participation should and can influence public policy
- Encourage, seek, and accept data from a variety of sources
- Acknowledge the variable quality of data and provide explanatory “metadata” to
- Offer our own analyses, articles, and maps to help promulgate knowledge
- Provide outreach and training to news media, community leaders, students, conservationists,
public health professionals, concerned citizens, and others to encourage use of the website”
This is a group of maps that I absolutely love. The first is a map of fracking bans, moratoria, and movements in new york state followed by a table with the city names. The second is a map of municipalities in NY that support fracking. Go fractracker!